Van Long Nature Reserve in Ninh Binh
Van Long Nature Reserve area belongs to Ninh Binh province and is located around 80 kilometers from Hanoi city, which is also an extremely interesting spot for one-day trip. If you are planning to travel to this beautiful place, our below experience and instructions for fully exploring Van Long should not be missed
Travelling experience of Van Long Nature Reserve
Some basic characteristics about Van Long Nature Reserve, Ninh Binh
Van Long is the largest waterlogged nature reserve of Northern Delta, belonging to Gia Vien district, Ninh Binh. It has very diversified and unique ecological system and is a favourite residence of many types of fauna, consiting of over 40 kinds of delacours’s langur.
Particularly, Van Long water land also owns very picturesque, simple but very peaceful landscape. Apart from this, you can also explore rolling mountains and wonderful caves here.
What’s The Best Time for visiting Van Long
What is the most ideal time for visiting Van Long to have great trip? It depends on the speed of rowing boats, which is normally from 1 to 1.5 hour in average that you can explore all of this amazing spot.
You should visit Van long in afternoon if you would like to enjoy a peace of sunset on van long. And you will see a lot of bird on that time
Entrance Fee Ticket of Van Long Nature Reserve
Address: Gia Van commune, Gia Vien district, Ninh Binh province
Contact number: 030. 3868798
- Landscape ticket: 20.000 VND per visitor
- Boat ticket: 60.000 VND per boat with 2 visitors
How to travel to Van Long Nature Reserve
This is our instruction to Van Long: From Hanoi you can catch a coach from Giap Bat station or by train at Hanoi garage, which takes you around 2 hours.
It often takes you around half of a day to explore the whole of Van Long nature reserve, so you should combine it with other attractions like: Bai Dinh pagoda or mineral hot spring and Ga canal
Where to stay when taking a trip to Van Long?
Where to stay when you plan to visit Van Long? Because travellers often spend only one day going sightseeing of this place, the system of hotels and accomodations are not attached great importance to
Some low-priced, attractive hotels and resorts
- Ninh Binh Emeralda Resort , located at Tap Ninh village , Gia Van commune, Gia Vien district, Van Long water land, Ninh Binh province, offers the price from 2.259.738 VND
- Van Long homestay , located at Noi village, Gia Lap commune, Gia Vien district, Van Long water land, Ninh Binh , offers the price from 311.629 VND
- Huong Tra hotel, located at Gian Khau three-way crossroad, Van Long water land, Ninh Binh, offers the price from 245.389 VND
What are attractive things about Van Long?
Van Long water land is not a natural one. It is formed by a dike at the left bank of Day river against floods, which turns Van Long into a very large waterlogged area with stunning caves and stone islands.
After going through mountains, the next destination is Ca cave, which is half afloat and half sank and 250 meters in length and 8 meters in height. To watch flying langurs and storks, you should visit in the afternoon at around 3:30 pm to 4:30
On the way to Van Long, you will have the opportunity to admire amazing limestone mountains with differently strange shapes like: scratching cat, bookcase, raspberry, etc..
If you intend to take photographs, you can discuss with the rower in advance so that they can take you to all intresting spots at Van Long (taking you around 2 hours)
Van Long cuisine
Taking a trip to Van Long nature reserve, you will not only melt into the natural landscape of rivers, mountainers, admire differently-shaped limestone, but also have the chance to try specialities like: Ninh Binh scorched rice, field anabas noodles and pisodonophis boror spring rolls
Recommendations of famous and delicious restaurants in Van Long
- Van Long restaurant, located at Gia Van commune, Gia Vien district, Ninh Binh, is opposite Van Long toursim area. Contact number: 030 3641 248.
- Lua Vang restaurant belongs to Lua Vang hotel and is around 2 kilometers from Van Long tourism area. Contact number: : 0303 658.585
- Bao Minh Ngoc restaurant:Contact number: 0912562360, 0912563260
- Leaf House Speciality Restaurant: Contact number: 0989920166
- Both of the above resturants are opposite Lua Vang one
Duy Du and Thu Dao restaurants , which are both opposite Van Long restaurant and serve specialities of Ninh Binh like: Nam Dinh beaf noodles, Ninh Binh eel vermicelli, etc.., also a great choice for delicious food at Van Long
Tips for visiting to Van Long Nature Reserve
- You should carry your own hat because of the boiling weather in the summer
- You should go on a boat with 3 vistors, more than this is not safe
- You should also show your pleasant attitude to boatmen because they will take you to all places of Van Long water land. Besides, you can also give a tip of around 40.000 VND to 50.000 VND to them.