Where to stay in Hua Hin? — Top 4 best places to stay in Hua Hin for first timers
A hotel reservation may make or ruin your holiday. If you pick the appropriate location, you will experience “love at first sight” as soon as you step foot there. Otherwise, picking the wrong hotel in the wrong location would most likely wear you out and make your trip less pleasurable. Where should you stay in Hua Hin? Today, Focus Asia Travel is pleased to provide the top four finest places to stay in Hua Hin for your first visit to this lovely beach town.
Should you book a hotel in Hua Hin?
This neighborhood is quiet and pricey, yet it is near to the city center.
The term “Hua Hin” is frequently used to refer to a variety of magnificent beaches along Thailand’s west coast, spanning from Petchaburi through PrachuapKhiri Khan province and then to the south. However, for the sake of brevity, our tour focuses on Hua Hin and the surrounding resorts.
By selecting this vast region, you will have the opportunity to eat at the top restaurants in the area, as well as enjoy nightlife and shopping. The sea is never far away, however it is not as peaceful as other surrounding locations.
Who is this place for?
- Those who like a holiday in the sea but not only enjoy under the sun, sand and sea
- Those who travel at the weekdays or weekends from Bangkok want to spoil theirself into the comfort
- Expatriates in Thailand and visitors looking for a modest dose of “nightlife.”
- Numerous luxury resorts near the town
- There are thousands of ways to go shopping, eat and experience nightlife
- Very easy access from Bangkok
- The sea is not as pristine as other seas in the south
- Pretty crowded and busy on weekends or holidays
- Overcharged when eating popular Thai dishes and seafood
Wannara Hotel Hua Hin
Address: 174/9 65 Hua Hin Tambon Hua Hin, Amphoe Hua Hin, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
Phone: +66 32 532 244
InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Address: 33/33 Petchkasem Road | Prachuabkhirikhan, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand
Phone: 00 1 877-859-5095
Should you book a hotel in Cha-Am?
Sha-Am is definitely a heaven for people who enjoy the azure water of the sea.
Cha-am, located just north of Hua Hin, is famous for its long, unspoiled beach set in the warm, tranquil waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The white sands here are so long that even now, despite a lot of hotels in front of the sea, it stays calm and never overcrowded.
As a popular resort town, Cha-Am has a lot of fun activities on the sandy beach for you to choose from. In which, relaxing and sunbathing are still the most popular “activities” here. In the back of the sea is a region that is not as strongly developed as other coastal destinations. Some of the main destinations here are mostly religious sites or nature reserves.
Who is this place for?
- Families and couples want something quiet and peaceful
- The tourists with limited time (closer to Bangkok)
- Those who love the sea and privacy
- Long sandy beach near the center and rarely crowded
- It is a clever blend of lavish resort and guest houses at an affordable price
- It has the nearest resorts from Bangkok
- There are fewer attractions to visit, except for sandy beaches
- Not many activities at nighttime
Springfield Village Golf & Spa
Address: 208/1 Moo 2 Sampraya, Cha Am, Petchburi, 76120 Cha Am, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 231 2244
Veranda Resort and Spa
Address: 737/12 Mung Talay Road, 76120 Cha Am, Thailand
How about Khao Takiab?
When visiting Hua Hin for the first time, people who are adventurous and enjoy discovering tiny communities should stay at Khao Takiab.
Khao Takiab is a lovely fishing hamlet about 10 kilometers south of Hua Hin town. It is home to a variety of hotels and resorts for people who wish to escape the hustle and bustle of life for a time.
The shoreline is distinguished by a single feature: a huge bluff overlooking the water known as “Chopstick Hill.” From here, you can view the entire beach and capture a ton of Instagram-worthy photos. Don’t forget to ascend to the summit to see the Buddha statue and a white dazzling temple, as well as to welcome some of the monkeys who live in Khao Takiab.
Who is this place for?
- The fans of luxury resorts
- Anyone looking for relaxation
- “Chopstick Hill” gives you a hike with unique scenery and culture
- There are countless quality and quite affordable resorts
- White sand beach and quiet beach
- A lot of monkeys (for those who love animals)
- Not many places to shop, eat and enjoy the nightlife
- Quite inconvenient, requires 1 or 2 transfers when traveling from Bangkok via Hua Hin
Address: 14/56 petskasemroad soi 97 Khao Takiab Hua Hin, Khao Takiab, 77110 Hua Hin, Thailand
Ruenkanok Thaihouse Resort
Address: 46/4 Khao Takieb, Soi Pimporn, Hua Hin, Khao Takiab, 77110 Hua Hin, Thailand
Phone: +66 81 869 0796
Last but not least, what is special about Pranburi?
If you either love romance or exploration? Pranburi will offer you both!
Pranburi, about 30 kilometers south of Hua Hin, is without a doubt one of the most lovely coastal resorts in the area. With its peaceful beaches surrounded by numerous magnificent resorts erected not long ago, it’s all about the sun, the sea, and the sand here.
Actually, there isn’t much to do in Pranburi; all you need is a vehicle or a bike to travel around and enjoy this peaceful locale. There are a few “fishing villages” (not crowded) and stunning cliffs overlooking the sea. The RoiYot Khao Sam National Park is also nearby. You simply need to drive a few miles to the south to get away from most hotels and resorts.
Who is this place for?
- Couples looking for a romantic hiding place
- People who “worship” the sea
- The rich guests can spend their nights in a private villa
- Miles of quiet beaches
- Beautiful natural scenery, especially near the national park
- Several world-class luxury resorts right on the sea
- Has a friendly and attractive local look
- Far from Bangkok than Cha-Am and Hua Hin
- Difficult to move around
- Dining and nightlife experiences are mostly in your hotel
- There are few shopping places
Pattawia Resort & Spa Hua Hin
Address: 9/21 Moo 5, Pak Nam Pran Beach | Pranburi, Pak Nam Pran, Pranburi 77220, Thailand
Phone: +66 81 434 0500
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Address: 9/22 Moo 5 Tambol Paknampran, Prachuab Kirikhan, Pak Nam Pran, 77220 Pran Buri, Thailand
Hua Hin and its surrounding destinations are extremely attractive, but of course each zone will suit different types of people. Whether you are looking for a lively nightlife and restaurants in the downtown area or want to go to a separate place in Pranburi. Or, finding a place in the middle – not too far away – then our guide certainly brings you the answer.