Singapore night safari tips — How to have a wonderful trip in Singapore Night Safari
Singapore Night Safari is the world’s first night zoo, allowing visitors to experience the enigmatic and fascinating nighttime of Singapore’s animals. As a result, this is always a tourist attraction that each visitor to this island country wishes to see at least once. Let’s look at some Singapore night safari suggestions for having a great time in Singapore Night Safari with Focus Asia Travel.
However, the entrance ticket of Night Safari is quite high, about 26 USD / adult, that’s why it is very important to have a careful preparation before starting your journey in the Singapore Night Safari so that your trip can be worth for its cost.
Let’s take a look at some tips below to make sure your trip to Singapore Night Safari can be a wonderful journey!
1. How to get to Night Safari
There are many ways to get to Night Safari if you choose to travel by MRT, you can:
- Take an MRT to Choa Chu Kang Station (NS4), then continue to take the SMRT 927 bus
- Take an MRT to the north and get off at Ang Mo Kio, then take the bus No. 138
But it should be noted that the metro system closes at midnight.
So, if you want to go to the zoo faster, take a taxi, and accept to pay for a slightly higher cost!
2. How to enjoy dinner at Night Safari
You may explore neighboring food booths such as Scoop Ben and Jerry’s (Ice Cream Shop), Bongo Burger, and Ulu Ulu Restaurant if you arrive early to the Night Safari. The Singapore Night Safari does not open until 19:30 p.m., but the food and drink vendors are open from 18:00 p.m., so you may have your supper while you wait.
3. Night safari Singapore itinerary: How to have an interesting journey in Night Safari
When the Night Safari opens to the public at 19:30, there will be long lines of people eager to board the first tram car to see the sleeping mouse. If you don’t want to squeeze into a throng like that, you may choose for a far more pleasant and fascinating alternative, which is strolling.
Because there are many creatures that you can’t view if you simply sit on the tram, taking a stroll on the trails here is a great way to experience Night Safari. You’ll get an odd yet exciting sense strolling through the Night Safari, like you’re in the middle of a jungle at night.
Along the path, you’ll have the opportunity to observe bats hanging upside down in a cage, or feel your pulse skip a beat as you see a light flashing from the eyes of specific creatures in the dark,… Also, don’t forget to get a Night Safari map to avoid missing any of the zoo’s interesting attractions and to avoid getting lost.
If walking exhausts you, you may always catch a tram on the way to Night Safari to continue your adventure. You will be able to experience the nightlife of deer, African antelope, sheep, and goat, among other species, for 40 minutes on the tram. You will be able to touch and love the cute creatures here.
You may notably visit the region of undomesticated creatures such as lions, tigers, leopards, and so on, with a distance so near that you feel like you can touch them. The thrill and anxiety appear to be intertwined throughout the entire tour in this location.
4. Singapore night safari tips: How to choose the best seats
When taking the tram, aim to get a seat near the centre of the car if at all feasible. Because when the vehicle stops at any of the tourist attractions, the automobile’s central section will always be in the center of the location, giving you the greatest perspective. Also, remember to sit near to the car’s exterior to obtain a better view of the animals.
With the show, try to get there 20 minutes early and choose your favorite spot, in the third or fourth row to enjoy the show perfectly.
5. Singapore night safari tips: Some tips for an interesting journey
- Put on simple outfits and wear comfortable pair of shoes, as you will probably walk a lot
- Bring food and water along to the park to supplement energy for more than 3 hours of sightseeing
- Remember to spray insect repellent to protect yourself against the natural conditions of a tropical forest
- Do not forget to bring tissue because the humidity in Night Safari is quite high
- Accompany with a tour guide to get to know more about the characteristics, living habits or the interesting stories about the animals in the Night Safari.
- Make sure you take photos without flash to protect the eyes of animals.
Remember these great experiences to be able to really enjoy a wonderful trip to Singapore Night Safari!