GRAB IN VIETNAM: UBER ALTERNATIVE OF VIETNAM
Want to know about using Grab in Vietnam? Grab Vietnam mean no more uncertainty about hailing a questionable taxi on the street. Grab taxis is a great and safe alternative to regular taxis. Focus Asia Travel explain why you should use it and how you should use it.
Is there Uber in Vietnam? No. Uber Vietnam combined operations with Grab Vietnam in April 2018 so you’ll no longer be able to use the Uber App in Vietnam (even South East Asia). Uber is still a viable option for safe transportation in many other countries.
What is Grab?
Grab is a mobile app that allows you to book cheap and safe taxi service. The app matches passengers with taxi drivers for transport with cars and motorbikes. Grab drivers are often not official taxi drivers. They use their own car or motorcycle to take passengers from a to b. You set your location and destination in the app and a car or motorcycle comes directly to you. You get in and the driver knows exactly where to go.
GrabTaxi Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Grab) is a Singapore-based technology company that offers the main ride-hailing, ride sharing, and logistics services through its application in Singapore and neighboring Southeast Asian countries: Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
How to use Grab?
The Grab application is very easy to find in your Google store on Android or in your App store on iPhone, with convenient interface in English. Order need connected to mobile Internet or WiFi and a Vietnamese 3G / 4G SIM card is recommended.
- Run the application
- Choose services
- Check your position and destination
- Set the destination or select it on the map
- Get price & book services
- Tipping Your Grab Drivers if you are happy with their services
Which locations are the Grab available in Vietnam?
You can book Grab at any of the below listed cities in Vietnam:
|An Giang||Hanoi||Quang Ninh|
|Bac Ninh||Hai Phong||Quy Nhon|
|Ben Tre||Ho Chi Minh city||Rach Gia|
|Bien Hoa||Hoi An||Soc Trang|
|Binh Duong||Hue||Thai Binh|
|Buon Ma Thuot||Khanh Hoa||Thanh Hoa|
|Ca Mau||Lang Son||Tien Giang|
|Can Tho||Long An||Tuy Hoa|
|Da Lat||Ninh Binh||Vinh|
|Da Nang||Ninh Thuan||Vinh Long|
|Dak Nong||Phan Thiet||Vinh Phuc|
|Gia Lai||Phu Quoc||Vung Tau|
– GrabTaxi: Get a taxi right from your doorstep
– GrabCar: Private cars for your everyday needs
– JustGrab: Find the nearest car or taxi in the single tap
– GrabBike: Beat the traffic fast at the most affordable prices
– Rent: Rent a car with a driver for greater flexibility
– Just a tap away: Feed your cravings with your favorite foods delivered to you, wherever you are
– Foods for all cravings: From the local fare to restaurant favorites, the wide selection of food will definitely satisfy all your cravings.
– Cost effective: With fixed and transparent fare right on the app, you will pay the exact amount to the shippers without worrying about any surges charges.
– Express Service: With a lightning-fast delivery service, you will get the items right away.
– Credibility: The professional shippers will ensure you get the items as fast as possible with an utmost care.
GrabMart is an on-demand everyday goods delivery service.
You can now buy groceries, packaged food, healthcare products, beauty products, gifts and many more via the Grab app and have it delivered to you under 1 hour.
Stop fumbling for cash and change! With Moca wallet on Grab app, your payment is settled automatically, so you can get off and get going as soon as you reach your destination.
You can use Moca e-Wallet on Grab app for Transport, Money transfer, GrabFood, Mobile Top Up, In-store purchase, BillPay.
GrabEwards / Points:
Grab has a system of accumulating points (Grab Points) for travel, and they can be used for full or partial payment of orders.
Grab price in Vietnam is quoted in local currency which is Vietnam Dong (VND)
Fixed, upfront prices – even known before you book!
*Based on demand/supply in the area, the dynamic pricing will be applied to the basic fare
* When change route, if distance is farther than 5km, please book a new trip.
* Final fares include other surcharges and is excluded of promotions/ discounts – please refer to the app for more information.
* Grab raise fares during rush hours and bad weather (even 2 or 3 times higher) and services can be harder to find on high-demand.
Other companies have not sat still after seeing the success of Grab. Various other taxi apps have been released:
- Mailinh (from the largest taxi company in Vietnam: Android | Apple)
Is Grab Really Safe?
Grab is a “bridge” connecting customers and drivers. They nearly have no responsibility for what happens during your travel. To guarantee your safety, it had better not book a grab at night. Identify the driver picking you up is the one you book on Grab. Send a message of the license plates of the vehicle, your target destination and the travel time to your friends. They will save you in case you get an accident.
In addition, some motor taxi drivers disguise Grab ones but you will receive the services and policies of Grab. They often wear green shirts and helmets looking like true Grab drivers. Avoid them by only getting in a grab vehicle through booking at Grab app. Refuse any invitations of the drivers packing along the streets.