Best areas to stay in Penang — Top 5 best places to stay in Penang for the first-timers
A vacation to Penang promises to provide you with a plethora of cultural activities as well as breathtaking natural beauty. There are also several restaurants and retail establishments. Booking a hotel without knowing anything about it might make your trip less pleasurable. Do you want to know where to stay in Penang Malaysia and the finest locations to stay in Penang for first-time visitors? Let’s look at the top 5 best places to stay in Penang (best places to stay in Penang) in our where to stay in Penang blog below. So, with the help of Focus Asia Travel‘ experiences, we tour several regions in Penang to find the best spots.
Georgetown is a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood with the highest population density in Penang. There are several temples with a serene atmosphere, streets covered with graffiti art, colorful rickshaws, and a plethora of hipster cafés. Georgetown is also a fashionista’s dream, with everything from high-end designer labels to homemade and antique goods. Furthermore, the lodging is various; there are rooms for self-sufficient tourists as well as luxury hotels.
Georgetown area is suitable for:
- People are looking for a lively nightlife scene
- Visitors want to stay in the center, where you can see everything
- There are many different prices for restaurants and cafés
- Many opportunities to go sightseeing just by walking
- Variety of hotel types
- The streets are always crowded on weekends and holidays
Batu Feringghi Area
Batu Feringghi is a white sand beach with a variety of dining and lodging choices. Every evening, a huge number of locals and visitors go to the Batu Feringghi night market, which has probably the most stunning night scene on the island. Meanwhile, the green sea here is a place to play, as are various sporting activities such as paragliding and surfing, which are ideal for people who enjoy adventure.
Batu Feringghi area is suitable for:
- People who love the sea
- People are looking for a busy and lively nightlife scene
- Beautiful beach with clear water
- 5-star beach resorts
- There are no notable historical tourist spots
- Located very far from Penang International Airport
Gurney Drive Area
Gurney Drive, also known as Persiaran Gurney, is known for fun and excitement with many delicious seafood restaurants. As the home of countless 5-star hotels with views of the sea, the seaside district has many historical and architectural monuments dating back to the 1800s. For example, Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram and Dharmikarama… There are also shopping centers that cater to the diverse needs and hobbies of guests.
Gurney Drive Area is suitable for
- Those who enjoy exploring history as well as sightseeing
- Shopping lovers
- The rich travelers
- Those who like to eat and want to try local dishes as well as fresh seafood
- There are many eateries
- Many commercial centers located nearby, and you can walk
- Lack of local cultural sites
- Very rare medium-sized hotels
Tanjung Bungah Area
You can get to Tanjung Bungah within half an hour from Georgetown. Tanjung Bungah is a quiet suburban and closes the sea, located between Gurney and BatuFeringghi. You do not have many options to go sightseeing as well as shopping here. The only two attractions in Tanjung Bungah are the Floating Mosque and the Toy Museum. However, you can enjoy many activities such as beach volleyball, beach soccer, and even fishing. It was built in the midst of natural scenery; there are mid-range and sea resorts, a great place to escape quietly from Penang.
Tanjung Bungah Area is suitable for:
- Affluent and wealthy tourists
- Families with small children
- Anybody who loves beach activities and water games
- Restaurants and coffee shops at reasonable prices
- There are not many historical attractions to visit
- The shopping scene and night scene are very quiet
- Very little accommodation for visitors to save
Bayan Lepas Area
Many of Penang’s most prominent sites, including the War Museum, the Snake Temple, the Penang Aquarium, the Orchid Garden, and Bukit Jambul, are located in Bayan Lepas. In terms of lodging, guests will discover a plethora of medium-sized hotels within 10 minutes from Penang International Airport. While not as attractive as other locations in Penang, Bayan Lepas is a good choice for a family vacation full of amusement activities that, most importantly, do not make you want to spend too much money.
Bayan Lepas Area is suitable for:
- Lovers of nature and animals
- Anybody who wants to come
- Families with children
- Affordable restaurants
- Many sightseeing opportunities
- Close to Penang International Airport
- There are not many historical attractions
- The shopping scene, as well as the night scene, is very quiet
- Rarely available for saving travelers
- Located far away from the main town
Many people consider Penang to be the Malaysian cuisine capital, with street food restaurants that are sometimes better than the most luxury dining experiences in any other city. Penang offers a plethora of lodging options accessible for you on the island, suited for any taste and budget, due to its high popularity with travelers from all over the globe.