All things you need to know about the 9th Hue Festival 2016
The 9th Hue Festival, with the theme “710th anniversary of Thuan Hoa – Phu Xuan – Thua Thien – Hue – Cultural Heritage with Integration and Development,” will take place from April 29 to May 04, 2016.
The Hue Festival 2016 Grand Opening Ceremony will take place on the evening of April 29 in Ngo Mon – Ky Dai Square.
Many exciting programs in the 9th Hue Festival 2016
Following eight previous hostings, the 9th Hue Festival 2016 will continue to be an opportunity to display Hue’s tourism potential – as a heritage city, cultural city, festival city, typical tourist city of Vietnam – as well as Vietnamese culture to the rest of the world.
As part of the 9th Hue Festival, the Forum for East Asian-Latin American Cooperation will convene (FEALAC). Foreign art troupes from five continents will also be present during the 2016 Hue Festival.
Many special arts programs and festivals will be featured over the course of six days, including the Opening Arts Program, Te Giao Festival, Royal Night, the program introducing traditional art of Hue, art performances by domestic and international unions, the Street Festival “Heritage and colorful culture of East Asia – Latin America,” the Festival of “Ancient Village,” the Festival of “Country Market,” and Trinh Cong Son’s Music Performance.
According to the Organization Board, 18 countries have officially confirmed their participation, including France, Belgium, Russia, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Poland, Morocco, China, South Korea, Japan, Israel, Sri Lanka, Australia, the United States, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia… Among the famous art troupes are: L’Homme Debout street art delegation, Par Terre contemporary dance and hip-hop, Fuzeta.
Moreover, hundreds of domestic art organizations will continue to participate, promising distinctive performances such as Hue Royal Arts Theatre, Thang Long Ca Tru Guild – Hanoi, the Bong Sen Music Hall Ho Chi Minh City, Central Music Hall, Cleopatra dance group, and so on.
The 9th Hue Festival 2016 will, in particular, focus on using traditional culture to reinforce the Hue Festival’s long-standing reputation.
Exhibitions, kite and calligraphy displays, scientific seminars, street music and arts performances, as well as sports, culinary, and tourist marketing activities, will also take place.
The Hue Festival 2016 provides an excellent opportunity for exchanges between representative art genres from many civilizations across the world, as well as the essence of Vietnam’s cultural and artistic legacy, particularly those of Hue.
Many breathtaking traditional and modern art performances from Vietnam and other nations will be presented within the Citadel, An Dinh Palace, and other open sites across the city.
The Hue Festival 2016 promises to be a joyful and inspirational event for visitors from near and far.
Hue Festival 2016: Festivities and Key Events
Many excellent art performances will be taken place during the Hue Festival 2016.
– Grand Opening Ceremony (20h00 of April 29, 2016) at Noon Gate Square;
– Artistic programs of domestic and international art troupes (19h30 from April 30 to May 3, 2016) at stages inside the Citadel and An Dinh Palace;
– Imperial Night spectacle (19h30 of May 1&3, 2016) inside the Citadel;
– Presentation of the Quintessence of Hue’s traditional arts (19h30 of April 30, 2016) at Kim Long village;
– Buddhist Celebration of Universal Illumination (20h00 of May 1, 2016) Nghinh Luong Pavilion;
– Street performances entitled “Heritage and Cultural Colors of East Asia and Latin America” (May 1&3, 2016) on the streets of Hue city;
– Nam Giao Offering Ritual (0h05 of April 29, 2016) at Nam Giao Esplanade;
– “Fragrance of Ancient Village” Festivity (from May 1 to May 2, 2016) in Phuoc Tich ancient village – Phong Dien district;
– “Rural Market on Festive Days” Festivity (from April 30 to May May 4, 2016) at Thanh Toan Roofed Bridge – Huong Thuy district;
– Children’s Fiesta themed “The Colors of Childhood” (from April 30 to May 2, 2016) at Hue Children’s House and Nguyen Van Troi Park;
– Trinh Cong Son’s Music Concert (May 1, 2016) at Trinh Cong Son Park;
– Ao Dai Grand Show (April 30, 2016) at Quoc Hoc Square;
– Closing Ceremony (20h00 of May 4, 2016) at Noon Gate Square.
Where to stay?
Hotels in Hue is very diverse with many different types of rooms. You can easily choose a proper hotel depending on your budget. Here are some hotels that are favored by visitors recently.
1. New Star Hotel Hue
- Address: 36 Chu Van An Street, Hue, Vietnam
- Information about New Star Hotel Hue
New Star Hotel is located in the center of the Hue city, just away from the Perfume River a few steps. You can get easy access to the shopping malls, tourist attractions, and restaurants.
With its convenient location, modern architecture, excellent and diverse services. New Star Hotel promises to bring memorable moments when you visit Hue ancient capital.
With 56 luxury rooms and other services such as restaurant, spa, … will offer you the best relaxation. You will be impressed by the perfect design and decoration, spacious and comfortable rooms, just like at home.
See more about New Star Hotel
2. Imperial Hotel Hue
- Address: 8 Hung Vuong Boulevard, Hue, Vietnam.
- Information about Imperial Hotel Hue
Imperial Hotel Hue is located in the central of Hue city – the Central Vietnam is the convergence of two ecosystems: the north and the south, is the land of the hills, plains, rivers and seas make up a lot of scenery with beautiful natural landscapes.
Imperial Hotel Hue is the first 5-star hotel in Hue, located in the heart of the city, abreast the Huong River, within very close proximity to the well-known destinations of this world heritage city.
Imperial Hotel Hue has 194 rooms, including 168 deluxe rooms, 20 Junior Suites, 2 Imperial Suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 3 fully-equipped apartments; in which, two floors with 36 non-smoking rooms.
See more about Imperial Hotel Hue
3. Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
- Address: 588 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Thuy Bieu District, Perfume River, Hue, Vietnam.
- Information about Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa
Located in the lovely area of Perfume River, Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa enjoys a commanding position in the restaurants, sightseeing, culture hub of Hue.
The excitement of the city center is only 5 km away. For sightseeing options and local attractions, one need not look far as the hotel enjoys close proximity to Hue City Hospital, Phu Cam Church, Bao Quoc Pagoda.
Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible.
For the comfort and convenience of guests, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, gift/souvenir shop, 24-hour front desk.
Experience high-quality room facilities during your stay here. Some rooms include television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, internet access – wireless (complimentary), air conditioning, wake-up service, provided to help guests recharge after a long day.
The complete list of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including boats, hot tub, fitness center, outdoor pool, fishing. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the Hue Riverside Boutique Resort & Spa the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Hue.