Half day Hanoi city tour (by car or by motorbike – upon client’s interest) – Routes can change subject to client’s interest.
Begin the first day of the trip with a tour of Hanoi. Depart from the hotel at 08:30 for a visit to Vietnam’s first university: the Temple of Literature. Founded in 1076, Quoc Tu Giam was established within a temple to educate Vietnam’s royalty, mandarins and members of the elite.
Continue with a visit to the iconic One Pillar Pagoda, one of Vietnam’s most iconic temples. Nearby is the mausoleum of the historic father figure of modern Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, and his modest house on stilts. (Sites are viewed from outside; closed Mon and Fri and from Oct-Nov)
Wrap up the morning with a visit to the picturesque West Lake and its sixth century Tran Quoc Buddhist Pagoda.Tran Quoc Pagoda is regarded as the most ancient pagoda in Hanoi with its history line of more than 1,500 years.
Have lunch at an authentic Vietnamese Restaurant. Free time at leisure for rest of the day until guide and driver pick up and transfer to Hanoi train station
20:00 – 20:30 Guide pick up you at hotel lobby for transferring to Train Station for night train to Lao Cai. Overnight on train (sharing, soft sleeper – 4 berths/ cabin).
– Our tour guide will not accompany during the train trip
– Train schedule is subject to change.
– Private compartments on request at surcharge.
– Train journeys are part of a great local experience. Cabins are shared with other local passengers (unless private cabin is requested and all berths paid for – with supplement). Restrooms at either end of the carriages complete the local experience.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Accommodation: Overnight train to Lao Cai
Activities: Hanoi City tour by motorbike in the morning and walking tour to learn about the history of the sites including Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the Temple of Literature. In the evening, take overnight train to Lao Cai
- Explore Hanoi On 2 Wheels