Top 5 most beautiful mountain roads in Vietnam you should experience
Vietnam’s S-strip land in the hearts of tourists is always a place with majestic nature and great climate. Focus Asia Travel will reveal the top 5 most beautiful mountain roads in Vietnam.
1. Mu Cang Chai – the land of most breathtaking terraced rice fields
- Route: Thanh Son – Phu Tho Tea Hill – Nghia Lo – Khau Pha Pass – Mu Cang Chai
- Length: more than 100km
From lush green tea hills to immense golden terraced fields to the end of the horizon, the journey from Thanh Son to Mu Cang Chai will take you through the colorful Vietnamese landscape.
May or September is the time when Mu Cang Chai becomes like a golden rice field.
2. Sa Pa- Cloud hunting places in northern Vietnam
- Route: Sa Pa – O Quy Ho Pass – Muong Hum – Y Ty – Lao Cai
- Length: about 70km from Sa Pa to Y Ty and about 80km from Y Ty to Lao Cai
The holidays in Sa Pa town are too familiar, however, have you ever thought to drive from Sa Pa to Y Ty to explore the untouched wild nature or hunt for white clouds floating around the villages … Surely the journey will make you wonder and feel completely worth it.
The first stage from Sa Pa to Y Ty, the landscape opens with terraced fields with countless levels, with magnificent passes, peaceful villages and poetic cloudy paradise. The way from Y Ty to the city. Lao Cai follows the border route between Vietnam and China where the natural boundary is the Red River, opening up many other interesting discoveries.
3. Discover the Central region – One of the famous mountain roads in Vietnam
- Route: Hue – Hai Van Pass – Lang Co – Da Nang – Hoi An
- Length: 120km
The destinations are already familiar, but when experiencing through the eyes as a tourist on the road, everything becomes new and unexpected. Along the way, you will feel the most beautiful and authentic local life that you can not recognize in previous trips.
4. The most beautiful sea supply in Vietnam
- Route: Cam Ranh – Vinh Hy – Nui Chua – Ninh Chu – Phan Rang Thap Cham – Phan Thiet – La Gi
- Length: more than 300km
This road through 3 provinces of Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan is known as the most beautiful coastal road in Vietnam.
From the city to the peaceful town, from the vast sea to the wild mountains, from the clear blue sky above to the golden sand dunes stretching below everywhere is beautiful.
5. The Central Highlands of Vietnam
- Route: Da Lat – Buon Ma Thuot – Pleiku – Kon Tum
- Length: more than 500km
Let’s spend some days wandering the Central Highlands of Vietnam to feel the sunshine, the wind and mountain roads. The more you go, the more you will love wild forests, green coffee hills or idyllic house-style.
With the top 5 Vietnam travel routes shared above – all of them are natural places and wonderful sceneries. Hope you can discover all the beauty of Vietnam!